Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Git 1.7.6.1 on CentOS 5.6

Git 1.7.6.1 on CentOS 5.6

 ===============

I’ve been hearing good things about git lately, with many projects which used to use subversion converting to it, so I’ve decided to try it out myself. RPMForge only has version 1.5, so like the other software I’ve been using, I’ve converted Fedora 11′s rpm to CentOS and put it in the Webtatic repository.
Update 2010-02-14 – Updated Git 1.6.6 to 1.7.0
Update 2010-04-05 – Updated to 1.7.0.4, included all dependencies in the repository to remove any dependencies on other repositories
Update 2011-04-09 – Emacs support is back in, with the emacs-git package
If you haven’t set up the Webtatic repository in yum, then add it in the command-line as following:
rpm -Uvh http://repo.webtatic.com/yum/centos/5/latest.rpm
Now install git:
yum install --enablerepo=webtatic git-all
=========================================================
 

No comments:

Post a Comment